Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I actually thought that Father's day was the first Sunday of June so Sophia and I already got daddy his present that week, and gave it to him too. Only when the Father's day ads on TV persisted did we realize that it was actually on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Oh well...


Jay-ar tells me that Father's day is actually just an afterthought, that it was not conceptualized 'til after a hundred years of Mother's day celebrations. I even read an article on cnn.com on that very subject and written by a father nonetheless, and to say that his article sounded more like a rant is stating the obvious. So is it only an afterthought? This holiday celebrating fathers? I haven't really decided yet. But afterthought or not, one thing is for sure, we honor, respect and love our fathers every single day (yup, just like our mothers) and this special day in June is just a nice way to remind them of all that.


So, this is a shout out to my husband, my papa and my lolo. Happy Father's Day to the most important men in my, Sophia's, and Enzo's lives. We love you! And to all the other fathers out there, Happy Father's Day to you too!


this coffee break @ 6:13 PM